How it Works
How does our service work?
- Find your correct key model via our site search – add the key to basket. What you are ordering is repair of your car key and/or remote fob which includes courier pickup and return service. You will be asked to setup an account with us online as part of the checkout process that will allow you to login at any time and check the status of your order and message our support team with any enquiry.
- Once the order is placed, a member of our team will contact you to arrange insured courier collection of your key at no additional cost. You will not need a printer as the courier will bring a postage label.
- We receive the key/remote at our London workshop. We will test both the transponder immobiliser and the remote function before and after repair. A report is created that can be viewed on your online account at any time. The key / remote is deemed to be fully operational when its signal is readable by our specialist equipment for remote operation and immobiliser transponder.
- We repair the key, usually on the same day we receive the faulty one, and then arrange for a courier to return it to you along with the old key and blade (if applicable).
- Some remotes may need to be re-synchronised with the vehicle after repair. This is usually a simple process that can be done by the customer – instructions for which are typically found in the vehicle’s user manual. Alternatively, we can assist you. If you need help, please contact support and we will email the procedure. In rare cases, some remote types require diagnostics equipment to perform this re-synchronisation procedure or programming which will need to be carried out by your local garage. Again, Car Keys Solutions can email you instructions for the procedure required. The additional cost for re- synchronisation or programming, if required, is not included in the cost of key repair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the service insured?
We use trusted couriers to collect your key and bring it to us for repair, and then return it to you once repaired. The courier is insured for the full value of the key in case it is lost in transit.
What courier is typically used to collect and return the key?
We use a range of established courier companies depending on your location and how soon they can reach you, such as DHL, FedEx, Hermes, DPD, DX and CitySprint.
How are customer’s data and key information stored/protected at the shop?
We don’t request your vehicle registration details unless special parts are required and have to be ordered.
When a key blade is replaced, the old one is also returned to the customer along with the repaired key.
All of our data management and storage systems are fully GDPR compliant.
What happens if you are unable to repair the customer’s key?
If, once we receive the damaged/faulty key and carry out our initial key/remote test, we conclude that repair is too extensive or it cannot be completed, we will contact the customer and advise remedial options (including collection of payment if there is a cost variation. If the customer does not wish to proceed with the service and any additional cost (if applicable), Car Keys Solutions will refund the cost of the original order value and return the key / remote.
Is there a warranty on the repaired key?
All repaired keys are covered by a 6 month warranty.